Brit Pundit

When I was a kid, television was called books

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Waste of time

So the Hunting Act is full of holes. What a surprise! This is just typical of the standard of legislation passed in this country in the last few years, and I really wonder why the government bothered.

Don't get me wrong, I'm yet to hear a single convincing argument as to why fox hunting is an entertaining passtime (in particular, I find the ritual of the whole thing disturbing and obscene). But at a time when the gap between rich and poor in the UK is growing ever wider couldn't the time spent drafting the Hunting Act have been used a little more productively?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here!
    I have a tea cart site/blog. It pretty much covers tea cart related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home